Asset management: the high art of multiplying money
Professional asset management
In asset management, we allow your goals to set the course – just as we do in investment consulting. In this area, the preservation of capital is just as inherent to us as is growing your wealth by means of skilled, rule-based asset management.
We are the asset manager for the Graz Mutual Insurance Company (GRAWE) and we ensure that each year, GRAWE is among the biggest insurance companies in Austria, attaining the highest profits for their policyholders in the area of endowment insurances each year. We have been reliably striking the perfect balance between security and returns for a long time.
How does the Schelhammer Capital asset management work?
The knowledge and insights of the entire GRAWE banking group are also applied to generate your returns in asset management. We make use of specialist knowledge such as enhanced fixed income strategies, factor analysis, equal weighting, rebalancing and much more in asset management for private banking as well as for institutional investors. We make sure that in the asset class of shares, alongside Global Brands, you are also invested in Global Innovators and Emerging Leaders. Diversification among first-class government, corporate and emerging markets bonds is a given in the management at Schelhammer Capital.
And your needs are always the top priority. You play a considerable role in determining the route taken to reach your goal based on your need for security or your revenue expectations. With our asset strategy consulting – as part of the asset management – we establish your path together with you. After this, you can view us as your chauffeur who will take you to your destination. Hop in the car, get comfortable and enjoy the journey to the destination. And if you wish to deviate from the original path along the way, we can discuss it.
What is the advantage of professional asset management by Schelhammer Capital?
Our asset managers have knowledge and access to a large number of financial instruments in order to get you to your goal. We invest cost-effectively in individual securities, thus avoiding cascading costs. The biggest advantage of individual investments is that the exact structure of the portfolio is known and flexibly adjustable at any time.
The two fundamental asset classes in the Schelhammer Capital asset management are the classic investment classes of shares and bonds. In the area of shares, we distinguish between three categories:
- Global Brands: These form the foundation in the area of shares. Here, the asset managers invest in the most stable and valuable companies in the world.
- Global Innovators: In this sector, the asset managers invest your assets in companies that are tackling the global challenges – the megatrends – of our time: demographic change, urbanisation, technical progress and limited resources.
- Emerging Leaders: Against the backdrop of the up-and-coming economic powers, our asset managers identify the Global Brands of tomorrow.
In all segments, quality is always the top priority for our asset managers. The asset management by Schelhammer Capital is high-quality, future-oriented and flexible.
In the segment of bonds, asset management again distinguishes between three different categories:
- Government bonds, government-affiliated groups: Our asset managers know that bonds with the best and very good credit ratings stabilise the development of the portfolios and thus of your assets.
- Corporate bonds: Historically, this asset class exhibited lower fluctuations in value (volatility) than government bonds. Moreover, it also allows for attractive additional earnings in the low interest rate environment. This is why we use it to increase your wealth.
- Many emerging countries have considerably less debt than the industrial nations. What’s more, their contribution to the global economic output is regularly underestimated. Similarly, they also enable attractive additional earnings in the low interest rate environment.
In addition, asset management safeguards currencies in a situational, systematic manner.
What risks are associated with professional asset management?
Professional asset management is – also – characterised by high diversification and a low correlation of the individual securities among one another. In addition, it takes your personal situation and wishes into account. Nonetheless, the typical risks of capital investment still remain, at least in part. Risks in the asset classes of “shares” and “bonds” include, for example:Professional asset management is – also – characterised by high diversification and a low correlation of the individual securities among one another. In addition, it takes your personal situation and wishes into account. Nonetheless, the typical risks of capital investment still remain, at least in part. Risks in the asset classes of “shares” and “bonds” include, for example:
• Credit risk
• Price risk
• Liquidity risk
• Currency risk
Professional asset management cannot completely eliminate all the risks incurred by financial investment. Despite meticulous selection of the shares and bonds, the possibility of a loss – at least temporary – cannot be excluded. Nevertheless, asset management can reduce expensive surprises in the capital market by diversifying heavily – which means distributing the risk among various asset classes such as shares and bonds, currencies, short, medium and long-term maturities and so on.
Arrange a free appointment to talk to your advisor about your opportunities and risks. Put together your personal asset strategy.
What is the minimum investment?
The lower limit for an investment in our asset management strategies is 300,000 euros. You may choose between five different options:The lower limit for an investment in our asset management strategies is 300,000 euros. You may choose between five different options:
• Schelhammer Capital security-optimised (share proportion approx. 20%)
• Schelhammer Capital balanced (share proportion approx. 40%)
• Superior 2 (share proportion approx. 50%)
• Schelhammer Capital yield-optimised (share proportion approx. 70%)
• Schelhammer Capital active shares (share proportion 55% – 100%)
With regard to sustainability, the Superior 2 option is managed in accordance with the particularly strict Finanko (Guidelines for Ethical Investment) guidelines.
Should you desire individual asset management with your tailored securities, equity of at least 1,000,000 Euros is required in order to guarantee sufficient distribution.
Get in touch with our contact persons today and arrange an appointment!
How much does professional asset management cost?
In terms of costs, we also follow our principle of fair & honest. This is why the fee is composed of an affordable fixed component (between 1 and 1.1% p.a.) and a variable component. The variable element is calculated based on the success of the management. Only once the management has exceeded the absolute maximum level (high-water mark) is 10% of the generated profit distributed to the managers. This means the manager is sitting in the same boat as you. This is an additional benefit for you. Interested in this special service? Arrange a free and non-binding appointment at one of our locations.
By the way: the core management team has remained the same for years. Continuity and reliability are valuable commodities in the area of asset management, too.
To get a picture of who we are and what we do, arrange a non-binding and free appointment.